Wednesday, 17 December 2014


I’m in Athens! It’s 14 degrees and I’ve barely had time to breathe, or see my friends, or go grocery shopping or do anything but work and do things for work.

Everybody’s very nice and friendly and I’m very glad to work with them. The national theatre is beautiful and the play interesting, the director, Bruce Meyers is really well known amongst theatre names. He’s old and experienced and interesting, and very laconic.


On Sunday, my flight was at 7:40 in the morning so me and Marcus stayed up until four thirty, with so much good food, a bottle of champagne and some delicious Christmas chips and Netflix of course. Honestly I did not want to sleep because those last few hours were really precious, I had an amazing night. However that really backfired, since I did not sleep at all, and my flight was pretty bad, the air pressure was very uncomfortable and there were lots of air “bumbs” etc. So when I arrived in Athens I was a living zombie. I spent the day feeling really really bad, it was horrible    

This is the theatre were I work in!

Monday was full of running around town to get a work permit and other general papers, signing the contract and of course meeting the crew and finally having a dinner party. Today I had work in the morning, which lasted until 4 and then I walked to my hairdressers studio and took a detour because I was early, and walked through all the tiny little streets of exarhia neighborhood, which is really urban and raw, the rawest part of Athens. Graffiti on the streets, buildings that are falling down but also beautiful plant cradled balconies and little gardens.





It has already had an impact on me, Athens. I love it and hate it at the same time. But maybe it’s good to know that my little Oslo bubble is actually a tiny part of a huge wide world full of misfortune, poverty, corruption, tension etc. And yet there’s still beauty to be found in those places as well.

I also cut my hair!!!!! This might seem a little bit gross, but look at how much hair I cut off! It was crazy to see it fall down! Can't wait to show you tomorrow!


Anyways, back to normal blogging now, just need to get in the habit of doing it.
Have a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment