Monday, 17 November 2014

I forget where we are - Ben Howard


Hope you’re having a great Monday, I thought I’d start a new series which will basically, very simply be a Monday song.
Ben howard has been a favourite of mine for quite some time now, I unfortunately missed his concert in Oslo this November due to the fact I was in Prague. Although, come to think of it I’d probably have been in tears for the whole concert.
I don’t know if it’s his voice, or his lyrics, the melody or a combination of all but he just expresses me. He combines the atmosphere, my feelings and the current situation, the current thoughts I’m in. He always has a song for whatever I am feeling.  I have spent hours laying with a pillow on my balcony in Athens with my laptop by my side and Ben howards albums on repeat.

On this song, he claims that he was inspired by the situation in Syria and even if so, to me it brings out something else, which I will not mention here!
I love it when people have different interpretations on art, especially music and I dislike individuals who pompously throw their ideas out there as if they were the only ones who could exist!  


I forget where we were- Ben Howard

Oh, hey,
I wasn't listening
I was watching Syria blinded by the sunshine strip
You, you were in the kitchen
Oh, your mariner’s mouth the wounded with the wounder's whip


Hello love, my invincible friend
Hello love, the thistle and the burr
Hello love, for you I have so many words
But I, I forget where we were

Oh, hey,
I wasn't listening,
I was stung by all of us, the blind leading out the bored
And as per usual,
You were skipping and laughing eyes at the bedroom door

Don't take it so seriously, no
Only time is ours, the rest we'll just wait and see
Maybe you're right, babe, maybe

Oh, no, and that's how summer passed
Oh, your, great divide and range of green green grass
And, oh, maybe I hold on fast to you


I, I forget where we were
I forget where we were
I forget where we were,

Oh, no, and that's how summer passed
Oh, your, great divide
And range of green green grass
Oh, maybe it was peace at last, who knew




No comments:

Post a Comment