Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Fujifilm instax mini 8 and all that jazz


Monday was a busy day, ran errands with the boy and also picked up my new fujifilm instax mini 8 -longest name ever- camera. 
I owned one before but mid summer it stopped working. I would try to take a picture and all the lights would start to blink and then nothing basically. So I recently took it back to the shop and asked if it was fixable. Turns out it wasn't but they ordered a new one for me (for free). I'm not sure if it was defective product or it was my fault but I must say I was a bit disappointed. 
Now a little bit about the camera itself.



You've probably seen those around, probably seen them everywhere. They're all over instagram, tumblr, even pictures of the pictures are getting uploaded on facebook. 
Essentially it's an instant camera, super easy to use and in an adorable design. It comes in 5 different colours and with 2 batteries and wrist band. The design makes it super user friendly as it basically only has two buttons and 5 different settings. One button pops up the lens (turns on the camera), the other button takes the picture et voila there you have it! 


The settings are rather easy as well, when turning the camera on, a light will appear on whichever setting the camera has automatically detected is right. The you simply turn the the lens to the correct light (or in fact whichever you desire) and snap, take the picture. The high key setting at the end, means basically that the image is pretty much evenly lit from left to right, without shadows falling on part of your subject, kind of like an overexposed picture.
Sadly I have to warn you, you will make mistakes, and some pictures will come out in a different way than how you expected them, but that's also the fun of it!


Generally, I'm very pleased with it, it's fun to play around with and I love keeping a polaroid or two in my purse, using a failed one as a bookmark and so forth. I think they are a reasonable size and quality. I was just a tad bit disappointing about how it managed to brake that easily but other than that, it has given my moneys worth. 

I think it would be great to use for special events, such as parties, weddings, wine nights, business conferences, vacations etc. Like a cool idea would be (now that halloween is approaching fast) if you have a costume themed party to take a picture of all the guests, in their costumes and everything. 

Generally I really like it and would recommend it! Don't be wasteful with the film and have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment