Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Back on Track


"Every year, the bright Scandinavian summer nights fade away without anyone’s noticing. One evening in August you have an errand outdoors, and all of a sudden it’s pitch-black. It is still summer, but the summer is no longer alive."

(Tove Jansson, the summer book) 

If you live in a Scandinavian country you sure know the relevance of this quote for this time of the year, summer is officially over.
Maybe not for me though, as a gap year student I get to have a bit of an extensive summer, not too much though. I am finally back in Oslo and looking forward to filling this year with everything I can. 
This sunday I'm volunteering at a "PiP" festival which is going to be great, Daughter and John Grant are playing, some seminars are coming up as well. 

It has been raining for 2 weeks straight, making me even more lazy so I've literally have been doing absolutely nothing but laying in bed and spending time with the boy. Which I think is great, I didn't have the most relaxing vacation in Greece, so this has been some quality time to recharge my batteries. However, it can't go on forever, so slowly I'm starting to move around again, the weather yesterday was surprisingly good, so I took the chance and met a friend and sat by the sea just across rådhuset (city hall), to catch up


with the company of some very angry birds.

I got popcorn from the cinema up the road. I've found that it's my favourite snack, I literally cannot compare anything else to popcorn. I've been obsessed. On the island I was on for 2 weeks in Greece, there was an ice cream shop in town, which had a small popcorn machine outside which just kept making popcorn all night, and I literally bought from them every single time we passed. 
I couldn't finish it so it quickly transformed into an ashtray. 


So now, I'm back, and will start blogging at least 3 times a week (: 
I hope you've all had a great summer and are ready to face this fresh year, with whatever it brings!! 

-See you soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment